In many cases, preclinical magnetic resonance imaging requires surgery preparation of the animal. This surgery requires some means for the control of the animal body temperature, as the anaesthetic effects on thermal regulation, toghether with the small size of a mouse or a rat, make it necessary to have an external system to maintain temperature within limits.
Neos Biotec has developed a temperature control system for mouse or rat, with the following characteristics:
- Rigid heated mat, to facilitate animal handling during surgery.
- Heated surface finished in anodized aluminium, to facilitate cleaning.
- Endorectal probe for precise body temperature control.
- Limiting of heating surface temperature, to avoid burns in the animal skin directly in contact with the heating mat.
- Easy body temperature and heater limit temperature adjustments by means of push-buttons.